Steak and Kidney Hotpot
If you love the classic combination of steak and kidney then you are sure to enjoy this old time favourite hotpot
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time95 minutes
- 650 g beef chuck, cubed
- 200 g lamb kidneys, cleaned and quartered
- 30ml flour
- 1 packet KNORR Minestrone Soup
- 60ml cooking oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 2 stick celery, chopped
- 500ml water
- 200 g button mushrooms, sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 15ml Worcestershire sauce
- 5ml Robertsons Thyme
- Coat steak and kidneys with a mixture of flour and KNORR Minestrone Soup. Reserve excess mixture.
- In a large pan, heat oil and fry steak until well browned. Remove and set aside.
- Fry kidneys for 2 minutes on each side. Remove and set aside.
- Fry onion, carrots and celery until soft.
- Gradually pour in the water and bring to the boil.
- Add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce and Robertsons Thyme. Season and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Return meat to pan and simmer for 50 minutes.
- Mix the excess KNORR Minestrone Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew. Simmer for 10 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with pap.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook