Boerewors And Onion Quiche
Try this delicious quiche for something different using everyone's favorite - boerewors.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time105 minutes
- 300 ml Cheddar cheese, grated
- 250 ml cake flour
- 125 g Stork Bake Margarine
- 500 g Boerewors
- 250 ml BBQ Marinade
- 15 ml Margarine
- 1 Onion, chopped
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Handful of rocket
- 2 Eggs
- 1 sachet KNORR Creamy Garlic Vegetable Bake
- 250 ml Milk
- 250 ml Cream
- Pastry: In a bowl mix together 1 cup of cheese, flour and margarine until a soft dough forms.
- Press into a large, greased pie dish or 2 small dishes.
- Filling: Marinade boerewors in the BBQ Marinade.
- Cook on braai (or under the grill), then slice.
- In a pan fry onion and garlic in a little margarine, and allow the onion to caramelize slightly.
- Arrange onion, boerewors and rocket on the base of the pie dish.
- In a jug mix together the eggs, contents of the sachet of KNORR Creamy Garlic Vegetable Bake, milk and cream, pour over filling.
- Top with reserved cheese.
- Bake in a preheated 180°C oven for about 1hour 15 minutes or until quiche is firm in the centre.
- Hint: To save some time, use your leftover, marinated boerewors for this delicious South African twist on an ordinary quiche.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook