Chicken, Butternut and Sweet Potato Stew
This is an easy chicken recipe with the addition of butternut, sweet potato and curry powder to jazz it up!
- Recipe serves8
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 30ml cooking oil
- 1 kg chicken pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 5ml Rajah Mild and Spicy Curry Powder
- 5ml Robertsons Coriander
- 500ml water
- 250 g butternut, peeled and cubed
- 250 g sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 5ml Robertsons Thyme
- 60ml KNORR Minestrone Soup
- In a large pot, heat oil and fry chicken until lightly browned. Remove and set aside.
- Fry onion, garlic, Rajah Curry Powder and Robertsons Coriander for 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pot, add water, butternut, sweet potatoes and Robertsons Thyme, and simmer for 40 minutes.
- Mix the KNORR Minestrone Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew. Simmer for 5 minutes and allow to thicken.
- Serve with rice or pap.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook