Beef Stew with Herb Dumplings
Looking for great stew recipes to try out? This delicious winter beef stew is very rewarding to prepare. Try it and see for yourself.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time85 minutes
- 45 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 kg stewing beef, cubed
- 4 tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 10 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 5ml Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- 625 ml water
- 30ml KNORR Brown Onion Soup
- 250 ml self-raising flour
- 50 g margarine
- 5 ml Robertsons Mixed Herbs
- Heat oil in a pan and fry beef until well browned.
- Add onions and fry until soft.
- Add tomatoes, Robertsons Paprika and Robertsons Mixed Herbs, and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the water and allow to simmer for 60 minutes.
- Dumplings: Rub margarine into self-raising flour until it resembles bread crumbs and then add Robertsons Mixed Herbs and enough water to form a stiff dough.
- Divide dough into 8 dumplings, drop dumplings into stew about 30 minutes before end of cooking time. Cover and simmer until fluffy and cooked then remove and set aside and keep warm.
- Mix the KNORR Brown Onion Soup with a little water to form a smooth paste and stir into the stew then allow to simmer until thickened.
- Return the dumplings to the pot and serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook