Bacon and Mozzarella Stuffed Mushrooms
These stuffed mushrooms make a perfect starter or main course! We have included bacon, but simply leave it out if you are vegetarian.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 4 large brown mushrooms
- 15ml sunflower oil
- 5 rashers bacon, rind removed, roughly chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 75ml fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 lemon, zest only
- 125ml mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper
- Trim stalks from mushrooms (do not discard the stalks) then place mushroom caps, gill-side up, in the baking dish. Finely chop stalks and set aside
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat then add the bacon and onion and cook for about 3 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add chopped mushroom stalks, stir in KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are golden. Add breadcrumbs and cook for 2 minutes, if the mixture is a little dry add some water to slightly moisten then remove pan from heat.
- Stir in parsley, 1 teaspoon lemon rind and grated mozzarella cheese. Season with black pepper then spoon bacon mixture onto mushrooms.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden then serve
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook