Garlic and Rosemary Roast Chicken with Creamy Spinach
You can’t beat a classic garlic & herb roast chicken served with creamy spinach – your family will be begging for more!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time65 minutes
- 1.3kg whole chicken, cleaned
- 1 KNORR Garlic and Rosemary Cook-in-Bag
- 4 bunches spinach, trimmed and cleaned
- 30 ml margarine
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 100 g cream cheese
- 125 ml milk
- 1 KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place the whole chicken into the Roasting bag and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring pieces are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 65 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- For a crispier skin, open the bag 15 minutes before the end of cooking
- While the chicken is cooking begin to prepare the creamy spinach
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil
- Add the spinach and cook until just wilted then drain in a colander and rinse under cold water until cool
- Squeeze as much water out of the spinach as possible and set aside
- Heat the margarine in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic until soft but with no colour
- Stir in the cream cheese, milk and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot until smooth and melted
- Stir in the spinach then allow to simmer for 5-10 minutes until the mixture thickens
- Carefully remove the chicken from the cooking bag, portion and serve with creamy spinach
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook