Chicken noodle soup
Looking for new ideas for your weekly meal planner? Here’s a tasty chicken noodle soup that is sure put a smile on anyone’s dial!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 1 X 1.4kg whole chicken
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 2.4lt water
- 4 leeks, roughly chopped
- 1 Robertsons Bay Leaf
- 4 sprigs thyme
- 30ml fresh parsley sprigs
- 2 onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 3 celery sticks, roughly chopped
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1 sprig fresh sage
- 12 whole white peppercorns
- 50g vermicelli noodles
- Corn flour
- Place the whole chicken and the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot in a large pot with the water.
- Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the roughly chopped vegetables and herbs, bring back to the boil, cover and allow to simmer for 40 minutes.
- Strain, place the broth back in the pot and thicken by mixing a little corn flour with some water to form a smooth paste then stir into the chicken broth
- Add the vermicelli noodles and bring to the boil stirring.
- Use the chicken flesh for making chicken mayonnaise sandwiches or a chicken salad
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook