Mini spicy boerewors meatballs with tomato and onion sauce
These juicy meatballs made from boerewors filling make a great mid-week dinner option!
- Recipe servesMakes 20 mini meatballs
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 500 g good quality boerewors
- 1 sachet KNORR Homestyle Meatball Kebabs Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 large onion, grated
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 5 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 6 ripe tomatoes, chopped
- 5 ml sugar
- Preheat oven to 180˚C.
- Squeeze the filling out of the boerewors casing into a bowl and combine with the contents of the sachet of KNORR Homestyle Meatball Kebabs Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Roll into mini meatballs then place into an ovenproof dish and bake in a preheated oven for 15 minutes turning over once halfway through the cooking time.
- To make the relish heat oil in a saucepan and gently fry the onion, garlic and paprika on a low heat until tender then add the tomatoes.
- Allow to cook for 20 minutes or until the tomatoes have all broken down and the sauce has thickened.
- Season lightly with salt and black pepper and add the sugar to adjust the acidity then pour the sauce over the meatballs and return to the oven for a further 15 minutes.
- Serve with pap or steamed bread.
- Tip – for extra kick add a little chopped green chilli to your tomato and onion sauce!
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook