BBQ Chakalaka chicken
This quick family dinner is full of sweet and spicy flavour! Use chakalaka to add a hot South African kick to this classic chicken recipe.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 8 Chicken pieces
- 1 KNORR BBQ flavour Cook-in-Bag
- 1 Tin of chakalaka
- 4 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- No need to preheat the oven.
- Place the chicken pieces, chakalaka and potatoes into the roasting bag and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring pieces are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 50 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Cut the bag open and transfer the contents to a serving dish. Spoon the leftover sauce inside the bag over your meal.
- Serve with pap.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook