Shisa nyama with spicy potato salad
This spicy potato salad is also delicious with grilled chicken pieces!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- For the potato salad:
- 6 -8 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 15ml cooking oil
- 2 onions, diced
- 15ml Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder
- 250ml mayonnaise
- 15ml KNORR Brown Onion Soup
- 30ml parsley, chopped
- 3 eggs, boiled, peeled and sliced
- For the shisa nyama:
- 30ml cooking oil
- 30ml Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice
- 500 g braai meat
- Boil the potatoes in salted water until just soft, then drain and allow to cool.
- Heat the oil in a pan then fry the onions until soft.
- Add the Rajah Mild & Spicy Curry Powder and fry for 1 minute to release the aroma and flavour.
- Allow the onions to cool then mix together with the mayonnaise, KNORR Brown Onion Soup and parsley, then gently mix into the cooled potatoes and eggs.
- Mix the oil and Robertsons Steak & Chops Spice together to make a paste and rub onto your braai meat.
- Place the meat onto hot coals and braai to your liking.
- Serve the shisa nyama with the spicy potato salad
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook