Rich beef Goulash soup
A rich and hearty soup filled with the warm flavours of paprika and tomato!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time75 minutes
- 15ml sunflower oil
- 400g beef chuck, cut into small cubes (reserve any bones)
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 5ml Robertsons Paprika
- 2 KNORR Beef Stock Pots
- 1lt water
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 large potatoes, peeled and diced
- 60ml sour cream
- 25ml chives, chopped
- Heat oil in a large pot and brown the cubed chuck together with any bones then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Fry the onion, garlic and carrots until tender then add the paprika and cook for 1 minute stirring continuously to release the flavour and aroma.
- Return the browned chuck and bones to the pot together with the KNORR Beef Stock Pots, water and tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer uncovered for 45 minutes.
- Add the potatoes and simmer for a further 15-20 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
- Divide the soup between four bowls and top each bowl with 15ml of sour cream and a sprinkle of chopped chives.
- Tip – The flavour of this soup develops over time and tastes even better the day after it is made!
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook