Crispy fish with spicy rice
Your whole family will enjoy this tasty fish recipe with crispy, crunchy batter!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time35 minutes
- Cooking time55 minutes
- For the spicy rice:
- 15ml cooking oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 20ml Robertsons Spice for Rice
- 2.5ml Robertsons Peri-Peri
- 500ml white rice
- 1lt water
- 250ml frozen, mixed vegetables
- For the crispy fish:
- 1 box hake fillets, defrosted
- 15ml lemon juice
- 250ml flour
- 20ml Robertsons Spice for Fish
- Oil, for frying
- 3 eggs, lightly whisked
- Heat the oil in a pot and fry the onion and green pepper until soft.
- Add the Robertsons Spice for Rice , Robertsons Peri-Peri, rice and water, stir well and bring to the boil then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the frozen mixed vegetables and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- In a separate bowl, marinade the hake fillets in the lemon juice for a few minutes.
- In another bowl, mix the flour together with the Robertsons Spice for Fish.
- Heat the oil in a thick based pan.
- While the oil is heating, dip the hake fillets first into the seasoned flour until well coated and then into the egg mixture.
- When the oil is hot enough, fry the fish for 5 minutes turning once or until golden brown.
- Serve with the spicy rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook