Sticky chicken and pineapple kebabs
These colourful and tasty kebabs are perfect to prepare in the oven on a rainy day when it is just not possible to braai!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 800g chicken fillet, cubed
- 1 large, pineapple, diced
- 1 KNORR Cook-in-Bag Sticky Chicken Wings
- 100 ml chutney
- 8 wooden kebab sticks
- No need to preheat oven.
- Thread the chicken cubes onto the kebab sticks alternating with pieces of pineapple until all the ingredients have been used up.
- Carefully place the kebab sticks into the cook-in-bag – do not worry if the ends of the kebab sticks pierce the bag- season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring pieces are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 40 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Cut the bag open and leave to brown in the oven for a further 10 minutes.
- Coat the kebabs in any remaining juices and transfer to a serving dish.
- Serve with salad and garlic bread.
- Tip – make mini kebabs to serve as a snack or as finger food for a party!
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook