Peppered Fillet Steak with a Brandy Cream Sauce
Delicious! Cooked to perfection, flavoured with crushed peppercorns and served with a creamy sauce, what more could Dad ask for?
- Recipe serves2-4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time10 minutes
- 4 tbsp Robertsons Black Peppercorns
- Pinch of salt
- ¼ cup Cognac or brandy
- 1 cup Whipping cream
- 4 Lean beef fillet medallions
- 2 tbsp Stork Bake Margarine
- 150 ml Water
- 1 KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Place peppercorns in a resealable plastic bag and gently crush with a mallet or the back of a frying pan.
- Transfer to a dinner plate.
- Season steaks with salt to taste, then coat both sides with crushed peppercorns.
- In a large heavy based frying pan melt margarine over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks, cook for about 5 minutes per side or until cooked to your liking.
- Transfer steaks to a serving plate and cover to keep warm.
- Pour cognac into frying pan and boil for 1 minute while stirring to remove any browned bits stuck to pan.
- Add water, cream and KNORR Hearty Beef Stew with Rosemary Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Cook until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Pour over steaks to serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook