Gnocchi with Creamy Butternut, Sage and Pine Nuts
Tired of your usual pasta or rice? This Italian inspired dish using gnocchi - small dumplings made from flour and potatoes - makes a tasty dinner.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 500 g Butternut, peeled and cubed
- 500 g Fresh potato gnocchi
- 125 ml White wine
- 35 g Pine nuts
- 125 ml Cream
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 sachet KNORR Alfredo Pasta and Sauce
- 5 ml Robertsons Sage
- Steam peeled and cubed butternut in the microwave with a little salted water for 10 minutes until soft.
- Remove from microwave, drain and mash with a potato masher until smooth but do not add any butter or margarine.
- Boil a pot of salted water and place gnocchi into the boiling water.
- When the gnocchi floats up to the surface of the water it means it is cooked – this will take about 4–5 minutes.
- Remove cooked gnocchi from the pot with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- Heat a large based frying pan.
- When hot add the white wine and pine nuts and allow the alcohol to boil off of the wine.
- The pine nuts will start to swell and begin to infuse the wine with a nutty taste.
- Stir in the cream, milk, sachet of KNORR Alfredo Pasta and Sauce and Robertsons Sage.
- Add the mashed butternut and stir until combined with the cream sauce.
- Add the cooked gnocchi, stir well and season with black pepper.
- Garnish generously with parmesan shavings.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook