Gnocchi Mac and Cheese
Traditional macaroni cheese with a twist – this one will definitely become a family favourite!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- 30 ml Margarine
- 1 Onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 250 ml Milk
- 1 sachet KNORR Creamy Cheese Sauce
- 500 g Fresh Italian potato gnocchi
- 5 ml Dijon mustard
- Pinch of Robertsons Nutmeg
- Cheddar cheese, grated for topping
- 2 Tomatoes, sliced
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Fill a 3 litre pot with salted water and bring to the boil.
- When boiling add the potato gnocchi.
- After a few minutes the gnocchi will start to float to the surface of the pot.
- Using a slotted spoon remove the gnocchi from the boiling water and set aside – the gnocchi is now cooked.
- Melt margarine in a pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the milk and stir in the contents of the sachet of KNORR Creamy Cheese Sauce.
- Add the Dijon mustard and nutmeg and allow to simmer for a 5 minutes or until thick.
- Add the cooked potato gnocchi and mix well to combine then transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Top with grated cheddar cheese, sliced tomatoes and freshly ground black pepper.
- Place in the oven until the cheese is melted and golden brown on top.
- Serve with a fresh garden salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook