West Indian beef curry with rice
All the flavours of the Caribbean come together in this rich and filling beef curry!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 1 kg Beef chuck, cubed
- 4 Large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 Medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
- 1 KNORR Cook-in-Bag Spicy Roast Chicken
- 5 ml Robertsons Cinnamon
- 5 ml Robertsons Cumin
- 5 ml Robertsons Ginger
- 5 ml Black mustard seeds
- 250 ml Low fat plain yoghurt
- 4 Tomatoes, chopped
- No need to preheat oven.
- Carefully add all ingredients into the bag (max. 1.5 kg) and season with the dry Knorr mixture.Close bag at the end with blue tie supplied..
- Very gently massage Knorr mixture into the ingredients on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly. Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring ingredients are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 50 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure grill is off at ALL times.
- Keep enough room for bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Remove from oven, rest in bag for 5 minutes before serving.
- Cut the bag open and transfer to a serving dish. Spoon the leftover sauce over your meal.
- Serve with steamed rice and fresh coriander.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook