Traditional Beef Stroganoff
This popular, classic dish makes a simple yet satisfying mid-week dinner!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- 5 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 1 Clove garlic, crushed
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 15 ml Margarine
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 45 ml Cake flour
- 300 g Beef strips
- 1 Punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- 250 ml Water
- 80 ml Sour cream
- 1 KNORR Beef Stock Pot
- Toss beef strips in cake flour to lightly coat then set aside.
- Heat olive oil and margarine together in a pan and gently fry the onion and garlic for 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the Robertsons Paprika and fry for 2 minutes to release the flavour and smoky aroma.
- Add the beef strips and fry for 5 minutes until well browned.
- Add the sliced button mushrooms and fry for a further 5 minutes to soften the mushrooms.
- Add the KNORR Beef Stock Pot together with the water, stir well and bring to the boil.
- When boiling reduce the heat and allow to simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Stir in the sour cream and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Garnish with fresh or dried parsley if desired and serve with rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook