Tomato, Beer and Boerewors Risotto Recipe
Give this traditional Italian dish a good punch of flavour by adding boerewors and beer - sure to satisfy any South African man's tummy, definitely worth all the stirring that is required!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 15 ml Olive Oil
- 15 ml Butter
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Garlic Clove, finely chopped
- 250 g short grain risotto rice
- 250 ml Beer
- 400 g Boerewors, sliced
- 1 Tin Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 sachet KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 3 cups water
- 7.5 ml Robertsons Italian Herbs
- Parmesan Cheese
- Heat olive oil and butter together in a large pot until melted.
- Gently sauté the onions and garlic until soft but with no colour.
- Stir in the rice and gently fry the rice until the ends of each grain are starting to turn clear.
- Pour in the beer and cook over a high heat stirring continuously until the beer has been absorbed.
- Stir in the boerewors, tomato and contents of the sachet of 1 KNORR Beef Stroganoff Dry Cook-in-Sauce and allow to simmer for a few minutes.
- Stir in the water one cup at a time - each cup of water must be absorbed before adding the next, this should take 25-30 minutes before the rice is swollen and tender.
- Stir in the Robertsons Italian Herbs and serve topped with Parmesan shavings.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook