Tomato and Wine Roasted Lamb Shanks
We know lamb is a real treat these days and using the KNORR Garlic & Rosemary Cook-in-Bag you don’t run the risk of making dry, chewy lamb shanks!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time100 minutes
- 4 small-medium sized Lamb Shanks
- 1 KNORR Garlic and Rosemary Cook-in-Bag
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 3 Ripe tomatoes, peeled and roughly chopped
- 4 Sundried tomatoes, chopped
- ¾ Cups Red wine
- 1 ¼ Cups Water
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place lamb shanks into the roasting bag with the onion, garlic, tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, wine and water and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the lamb on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 1 Hour and 40 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Carefully cut the bag open and transfer to a serving dish with any sauce that is in the bag.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook