Toad in The Hole with Bacon
This traditional British dish is a great way to make use of those sausages in the freezer and makes a comforting, delicious meal!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 60 ml Oil
- 6 Pork sausages
- 6 Rashers rindless back bacon
- 1 Jumbo sized egg
- 60 g Cake flour
- 300 ml Milk
- 1 sachet KNORR Bacon and Onion Flavour Potato Bake
- 1 sachet KNORR Brown Onion Gravy
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Wrap each pork sausage in a rasher of bacon and place the wrapped sausages into an ovenproof casserole dish.
- Pour the oil over the sausages – you will need to use the full amount of oil so as to have a good covering and bake in the oven for 20 minutes so that the sausages and bacon are golden and crispy.
- While the sausages are in the oven gently whisk the egg, cake flour, milk and contents of the sachet of KNORR Bacon and Onion Flavour Potato Bake together to make a smooth batter but be careful not to over whisk.
- Carefully remove the sausages from the oven when ready (the oil will be very hot) and immediately pour the batter over the sausages and return to the oven for a further 25 minutes.
- The dish will be ready when the batter has risen around the sausages and is golden brown.
- Make up the sachet of KNORR Brown Onion Gravy as per on-pack instructions and serve with your piping hot Toad in the hole!
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook