Tasty Tuna and Chive Fishcakes
Tuna is such a versatile pantry item – why not use those tins in your cupboard to prepare these tasty fishcakes – great to use as a lunchbox left over too!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 500 g Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 4 Tins of tuna in salt water, drained
- 1 Onion, grated
- 1 Lemon, zest and juice
- 1 sachet KNORR Sour Cream and Chives Potato Bake
- 250 ml Cake flour
- 3 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 500 ml breadcrumbs
- Sunflower oil, for shallow frying
- Steam or boil the cubed potatoes until soft then mash.
- Combine mashed potato with tuna, onion, lemon zest and juice and the contents of the sachet of KNORR Sour Cream Chives Potato Bake.
- Season to taste with a little freshly ground black pepper then shape into patties.
- Place the cake flour, eggs and breadcrumbs into separate bowls.
- Dip a fishcake into flour then shake off the excess then dip in beaten egg then into breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat oil in a fry pan and fry the fishcakes in batches until golden brown then allow to drain on paper towel.
- Serve with a fresh side salad and mayonnaise.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook