Sundried tomato and chicken bake
The delicious Italian flavours combined with a KNORR Chicken Stock Pot will penetrate the flesh of the chicken, giving a wonderful, juicy chicken bake!
- Recipe serves1-4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time55 minutes
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- 1 punnet button mushrooms, sliced
- ⅓ cup sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and chopped
- 7.5 ml Robertsons Italian Herbs
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 250 ml water
- ½ bunch spinach, cleaned and roughly chopped
- 4 skinless chicken fillets
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Heat oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic until tender.
- Add the button mushrooms and fry until soft then stir in the sundried tomatoes and Italian Herbs.
- Add the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and water and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat then add the chopped spinach and simmer for 5 minutes.
- In the meantime place the chicken fillets into an oven proof casserole dish.
- Pour the sundried tomato sauce over the chicken, cover with tin foil and bake in a preheated oven for 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil and allow to bake for a further 15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some grated Parmesan cheese over the dish and serve with mashed potato or steamed bay potatoes.
- Tip – for a richer flavour stir a little cream into the sauce before pouring it over the chicken breasts.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook