Stuffed Mushrooms with Bacon and Mozzarella
These stuffed mushrooms make a perfect starter or serve with some brown rice and salad as a main course! We have included bacon but simply leave it out if you are vegetarian.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 4 Large brown mushrooms
- 15 ml Sunflower oil
- 5 Rashers bacon, rind removed, roughly chopped
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 1 cup Fresh breadcrumbs
- 75 ml Fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 Lemon, zest only
- 125 ml Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Trim stalks from mushrooms (do not discard the stalks) then place mushroom caps, gill-side up, in the baking dish. Finely chop stalks and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium heat then add the bacon and onion and cook for about 3 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add chopped mushroom stalks, stir in KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and cook for 3 to 5 minutes or until onions are golden. Add breadcrumbs and cook for 2 minutes, if the mixture is a little dry add some water to slightly moisten then remove pan from heat.
- Stir in parsley, 1 tsp lemon rind and grated mozzarella cheese. Season with black pepper then spoon bacon mixture onto mushrooms.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until golden then serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook