Spinach and Feta Stuffed Leg of Lamb
Kindly ask your butcher to debone the leg of lamb for you then simply stuff it with a mixture of breadcrumbs, feta cheese and spinach – an absolute treat!
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time120 minutes
- 1.6 kg Leg of lamb, deboned and butterflied (ask your butcher to do this for you)
- 50 g Breadcrumbs
- 100 g Feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 15 ml Robertsons Italian Herbs
- 6 Large spinach leaves, washed and deveined
- 1 KNORR Garlic and Rosemary Cook-in-Bag
- Preheat oven to 190°C.
- Combine the breadcrumbs, feta cheese, garlic, lemon zest and Italian Herbs in a bowl and mix well and season with a little black pepper.
- Layer the spinach leaves over the inside of the butterflied leg of lamb and spread the breadcrumb mixture across it.
- Carefully roll the lamb up and tie with string at regular intervals to secure.
- Place the lamb into the roasting bag and sprinkle seasoning mix over.
- Seal the bag with the tie provided and roll gently to coat the lamb evenly.
- Pierce the top of the bag 3 times with a sharp knife for the steam to escape.
- Place on a baking tray in the centre of the oven and roast for 90-120 minutes. Ensure that the grill is off at all times.
- A temperature thermometer inserted into the centre of the roast should read an internal temperature of 70°C.
- Cut the bag open, remove the lamb and allow to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook