Spicy Portuguese Potato and Chouriso Stew
The heat from the crushed chillies and the spicy sausage are absorbed by the potatoes making for a real comfort food dish!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 800 g Potatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 15 ml Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 150 g Chourico Sausage, chopped
- 100 g Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 50 g Black Olives, pitted
- 1 Tin Tomatoes, peeled and cut into small cubes
- 5 ml Robertsons Crushed Chillies
- 1 sachet KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 400 ml Water
- 10 ml Robertsons Parsley
- Place chopped potatoes into a pot, cover with salted water and bring to the boil.
- Boil until softened – this should take no more than 12 minutes, then drain and set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a pan and fry onion and chouriço sausage for about 5 minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and olives and sauté until the mushrooms are starting to soften.
- Add the tinned tomatoes and stir in the Robertsons Crushed Chilli and the sachet of KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce. Add water to the pan and allow to simmer for 10 minutes so that the sauce can thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Add the cooked and drained potatoes, stir well to combine all the ingredients and allow simmering for 5 minutes so that the potatoes can absorb all the flavours.
- Finish by stirring in the Robertsons Parsley and serve with rice.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook