Spicy Chicken Jambalaya
This spicy, flavoursome meal of Creole origin is a one-pot rice dish that makes the perfect mid-week meal!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 10 ml Robertsons Louisiana Cajun Spice
- 410 g Chopped tomatoes
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 15 ml Cooking oil
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- 1 Green pepper, sliced
- 4 Rashers streaky back bacon, chopped
- 400 g chicken fillet, cut into strips
- 750 ml water
- 1 ½ Cup White rice
- Heat oil in a large pot and cook the onion until soft but with no colour.
- Add the red and green pepper and fry until tender then add the bacon and fry for a further 5 minutes until the bacon is cooked.
- Add the chicken strips and brown well then stir in the Robertsons Louisiana Cajun spice and allow to cook for 1 minute to release the aroma and flavour.
- Stir in the rice then add the water, KNORR Chicken Stock Pot and the tinned tomatoes.
- Bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer covered for about 20 minutes until the rice is tender, stirring occasionally.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook