Spicy Beef Tagine with Apricots
Made with apricots, raisins and an exotic blend of spices, this dish is slow cooked to make a tasty, tender meal!
- Recipe serves3-5
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 100 g Dried apricots, chopped
- 250 ml Water
- 1 KNORR Beef Stock Pot
- 25 ml Dried chilli flakes
- 25 ml Paprika
- 15 ml Turmeric
- 15 ml Ground cinnamon
- 15 ml Ground ginger
- 3 Cloves crushed garlic
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 800 g Beef goulash cubes
- 45 ml Olive oil
- 250 ml Tomato puree
- 100 g Seedless raisins
- 30 ml Honey
- Lemon, juice only
- Heat 30 ml of olive oil in a large pot and fry beef goulash cubes until well browned on all sides. Remove from the pot and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil and gently fry onion and garlic until soft.
- Add all the spices and gently fry for 1 minute to release the aroma and flavour.
- Return the browned beef cubes to the pot and fry for another 1 minute.
- Add the tomato purée, KNORR Beef Stock Pot and water, stir well and bring to the boil.
- Reduce the heat and add the chopped dried apricots, raisins, honey and lemon juice and allow to simmer with the lid on for 40 minutes stirring occasionally.
- Garnish with sprigs of fresh coriander and serve with rice or cous cous.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook