Smoky Cheese Scones
Although women love a sweet teatime scone, this savoury version is great topped some cheese, ham and a knob of margarine.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time20 minutes
- 460 ml Cake flour
- 1 KNORR Cheese and Bacon Potato Bake Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 15 ml Baking powder
- 200 ml Cheddar cheese, grated
- 125 ml Milk
- 1 Egg
- 15 ml Oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl mix together cake flour, KNORR Cheese and Bacon Potato Bake Dry Cook-in-Sauce, baking powder and grated cheddar cheese.
- In a separate bowl lightly whisk together milk, egg and oil.
- Pour the milk mixture into the flour mixture and mix with a metal spoon or spatula until it clumps together.
- Press the dough out onto a flat, floured surface then fold it over it over itself and flatten it again.
- Cut out the scones using a round cutter and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake at 180°C for 15-20 minutes.
- Serve warm with cubes of butter and a sprinkling of chopped chives.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook