Seared duck breasts with red wine and raspberry sauce
Duck is easy to make and perfect to serve for that special occasion!
- Recipe serves1-4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 4 duck breast fillets
- 15 ml margarine
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 60 ml red wine
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- ½ cup water
- 30 ml honey
- 5 ml corn flour mixed with a little water to form a smooth paste
- 45 ml raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Season the duck breast fillets with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Heat a heavy-based frying pan until medium-hot, add the margarine then lay the duck breasts, fat side down, in the hot pan.
- Fry for 3-4 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden, then turn over and fry for a further 6-8 minutes until the duck is cooked to your liking.
- Remove and cover and keep warm.
- To prepare the sauce use the same pan that you cooked the duck breasts in – sauté the onion until tender then add the red wine and allow to cook for 1 minutes before adding the KNORR Chicken Stock Pot, water and honey.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes to reduce then stir in the corn flour paste and the fresh raspberries and simmer for a further 5 minutes to thicken.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook