Seafood and Chicken Paella
A combination of prawns, mussels, fish and chicken flavoured with peppers, garlic and tomatoes makes this a meal to remember.
- Recipe serves6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time40 minutes
- 2 Skinless chicken breasts, cut into large chunks
- 1 Small onion, finely chopped
- 300 g Prawns, peeled and veins removed
- 12 Large mussels (in shells)
- 80 ml Olive oil
- 2-3 Cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 Green pepper, sliced
- 1 x 410 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 2 Cups long grain rice
- 2.5 ml Robertsons Turmeric
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- 210 ml Sugar
- 1sachet KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 2 Fillets of white fish such as hake, cut into pieces
- 4 ½ Cups Water
- In a pan sauté onion and garlic in olive oil until the onion becomes transparent.
- Add chicken and peppers, cook, stirring for a minute.
- Add tomatoes and sugar and bring to the boil, simmer uncovered until almost all the liquid has evaporated.
- Stir in rice, contents of the sachet of KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce and turmeric.
- Add the water, a little at a time, adding more if needed.
- Stir until boiling, then simmer covered for about 15 minutes.
- Stir in mussels, top with fish and prawns.
- Cover and simmer for about 5 minutes or until fish and prawns are cooked.
- Gently stir the fish and prawns through the rice and serve.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook