Roast pork belly with apple cream sauce
This roast belly of pork with its crispy crackling is utterly delicious when served with the perfect accompaniment – apple cream sauce!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time150 minutes
- 15 ml Dijon mustard
- ¾ cup Water
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 30 ml Apple juice
- 1 Red apple, peeled, cored and finely diced
- ½ Red onion, finely chopped
- 10 ml Margarine
- 900 g Rolled pork belly
- 15 ml Olive oil
- 15 ml Robertsosn Atlantic Sea Salt
- 5 ml Robertsons Thyme
- ⅓ cup Cream
- 5 ml Cornstarch
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Combine thyme, sea salt and olive oil in a bowl.
- Dry the skin of the pork belly well with paper towel.
- Using a sharp knife make criss-cross incisions along the skin of the pork belly without cutting into the meat.
- Rub the olive oil mixture over the pork belly and place into a roasting tray.
- Roast in a preheated oven at 180°C for 2-2 ½ hours or until the juices run clear then remove from the oven and allow to rest before slicing.
- In the meantime melt the margarine in a pan and gently fry the red onion until soft then add the diced apple and fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the apple juice and then allow to KNORR Chicken Stock Pot to melt in the pan before adding the water and cream.
- Allow to simmer for 5 minutes then stir in the Dijon mustard.
- Mix the cornstarch with a little water to form a smooth paste and then stir this into the sauce and allow to simmer for a further 5 minutes.
- Serve sliced pork belly drizzled with apple cream sauce and roasted potatoes.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook