Potato and Pesto Cakes with Smoked Salmon
Turn these simple yet tasty potato flatties into a decadent snack by topping with smoked salmon and sour cream or simply serve with grilled fish and veggies for dinner.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time15 minutes
- 3 Large potatoes, peeled and grated
- 1 Large onion, grated
- 2 Eggs
- 15 ml Basil Pesto
- 45 ml cake flour
- 1 KNORR Roasted Vegetables Veggie Bake
- 50 g Parmesan cheese, grated
- Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt
- Robertsons Black Pepper
- Oil, for frying
- Grate potatoes and place in a colander and rinse under cold running water.
- Place grated potato into a dish cloth and squeeze dry.
- Then place grated potato into a mixing bowl together with the grated onion, eggs, Basil pesto, cake flour, KNORR Veggie Bake and Parmesan mix well.
- Season to taste with Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertsons Black Pepper.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan on a very low heat and using egg rings spoon two to three heaped tablespoons of the mixture into each egg ring.
- Allow the mixture to cook on the bottom before removing the egg rings and turning the flatties over.
- Once fried on both sides and cooked through remove from pan and place on paper towel to drain.
- Top with topping of your choice, for example smoked salmon and a dollop of sour cream
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook