A nice and spicy chicken dish with the flavours of Portugal all cooked together in one bag!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time50 minutes
- 1 KNORR Cook-in-Bag Spicy Roast Chicken
- 10 skinless chicken thighs
- 1 red pepper, sliced
- 1 punnet mange tout
- 700g sweet potatoes, cubed with skin intact
- 15 ml lemon juice
- 1 clove roughly chopped garlic
- 5 ml Robertsons Portuguese Chicken Spice
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place chicken thighs, red pepper, mange tout, sweet potatoes, lemon juice, garlic and Portuguese Chicken Spice into the roasting bag and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring pieces are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 50 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Cut the bag open and transfer to a serving dish with any sauce that is in the bag.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook
Chicken Breasts Stuffed with Apricot and Feta4.6
Festive Chicken in a Bag with Spinach and Feta4.8
Creamy Chicken in a Bag with Broccoli and Pesto4.9
Cooked-in-a-Bag Paella with Chicken and Peas5
Roast Chicken with Bacon, Herb and Nut Stuffing4