Pork Chops with a Creamy Wine and Mushroom Sauce
These easy to prepare pork chops are deliciously indulgent with a hint of mustard and sage. Pair with steamed green beans or wilted spinach and dinner is sorted!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 30 ml Cooking oil
- 4 Pork chops
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 1 Garlic Clove, crushed
- 1 Punnet Button Mushrooms, sliced
- 150 ml White wine
- 350 ml Milk
- 1 sachet KNORR Creamy Mushroom sauce
- 2,5 ml Robertsons Sage
- Heat 15ml oil in a large heavy based pan and brown the pork chops in batches for about 5 minutes on each side until they are golden brown then remove from the pan and set aside.
- Heat the remaining oil in the pan and fry the onion and garlic until soft.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and fry until soft then add the white wine and allow simmering until the liquid has reduced by half.
- Add the milk and stir in the sachet of KNORR Creamy Mushroom sauce.
- Returns the pork chops to the pan and allow to simmer on a low heat for 12-15 minutes or until the pork is tender and cooked through.
- Stir in the sage and serve with mashed potato and steamed green beans or wilted spinach.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook