Paella with Prawns, Chicken and Peas
If you are having a craving for all things Spanish why not try out this superb recipe that captures all the flavours of Spain in one pan!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time35 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 750 ml water
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 400 g tin chopped and peeled tomatoes
- 10 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 500 g Prawns, peeled and deveined
- 500 g Chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
- 30 ml sunflower oil
- 75 ml fresh parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 2.5 ml Saffron threads or turmeric
- 250 ml Arborio (risotto) rice
- 125 ml Fresh or frozen peas
- 2 Lemons, cut into wedges
- Heat oil in a large, heavy-based pan over a medium-high heat.
- Add chicken and cook until well browned then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add prawns to pan and cook, turning, for 2 minutes or until they change colour then remove from pan and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan and cook for 3 minutes or until softened, then add garlic and paprika and cook, stirring, for 1 minute to release the flavor and aroma.
- Add tinned tomato, KNORR Chicken Stock Pot, water and saffron/turmeric, stir until combined, and then bring to the boil.
- Stir in rice, then reduce heat to low and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender, stirring occasionally adding a little extra water if necessary.
- Return chicken to pan together with peas and stir to combine. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through, then add prawns and stir well to combine.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve with lemon wedges.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook