You won’t need a traditional clay oven to make these Indian flat breads. An ordinary frying pan produces beautiful light yet chewy garlic flavoured bread!
- Recipe serves6-9
- Preparation time65 minutes
- Cooking time5 minutes
- 100 Millilitre Warm water
- 30 Millilitre Chopped fresh coriander
- 15 Millilitre Nigella or poppy seeds
- 1 sachet KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 60 Millilitre Plain yoghurt
- 10 Gram sachet instant yeast
- Cooking oil for frying bread
- 210 Gram Plain Cake flour
- Place flour in a bowl with contents of the sachet of KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake, instant yeast, poppy seeds and coriander and stir well to combine.
- Mix yoghurt and warm water together in a measuring jug to combine then pour over the flour mixture.
- Mix everything together to form a soft dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead for about 8 minutes until you get a smooth and stretchy dough.
- Place the dough into a lightly oiled bowl, cover with a tea towel and place into a warm area of the kitchen (near the oven usually works best) and allow to rise until doubled in size. This will take about 35-40 minutes.
- Remove the dough from the bowl and knock back then divide into six equal balls.
- Roll each one out until it will fit into a frying pan.
- Heat an oiled frying pan over a medium heat and cook each bread for about 3 – 5 minutes on each side until golden brown and puffed up.
- Keep warm while you fry the rest of the bread then serve immediately.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook