Mushroom and Onion Stuffed Roast Chicken
Try something different with your roast chicken tonight by stuffing it with a delicious mushroom, onion and cream cheese mixture.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time40 minutes
- Cooking time85 minutes
- 30 ml Olive oil
- ½ onion, finely diced
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 1 punnet sliced Button Mushrooms
- 30 ml lemon juice
- 30 ml Fresh parsley, chopped
- 15 ml Cream cheese
- 1.3 kg Whole chicken
- 1 KNORR Cook-in-Bag BBQ Flavour
- 12 baby potatoes
- Heat the olive oil in a pan and sauté the onion and garlic on a low heat until soft.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until soft then remove from the heat and stir in the lemon juice, chopped parsley and cream cheese.
- Next, run your fingers between the skin and flesh of the chicken, starting with the breasts and ending up with the legs. Be gentle as you separate the skin from the flesh – you need to avoid ripping the skin.
- Spread the stuffing generously all over the flesh of the bird, securing it with the skin so that none runs out. It does help to tie the legs together.
- No need to preheat the oven. Place chicken into the KNORR Cook-in-Bag BBQ Flavour with the baby potatoes.
- Season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied..
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly. Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring ingredients are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 60 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure grill is off at ALL times.
- Keep enough room for bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Carefully cut bag open, coat chicken in any remaining juices and transfer to a serving dish.
- For a crispier skin, open the bag 15 minutes before the end of cooking.
- Serve with roasted vegetables and gravy.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook