Moroccan Beef and Date Tagine
An aromatic, satisfying North African stew slow simmered in a fragrant, fruity broth!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time115 minutes
- 1 KNORR Beef Stock Pot
- 410 g Tin chopped tomatoes
- 5 ml Robertsons Ginger
- 10 ml Robertsons Cumin
- 1 Onion, sliced
- 700 g Beef goulash cubes
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 10 ml Robertsons Paprika
- 2 Large carrots, peeled and sliced into thick rounds
- 250 ml Water
- 250 ml Pitted dates, roughly chopped
- 15 ml Sunflower oil
- Heat oil in a heavy based casserole or tagine pot and fry the beef goulash cubes in batches until well browned then remove from the pot and set aside.
- Fry onion until soft then add the garlic and spices and allow to fry for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the carrots, tinned tomato, water, KNORR Beef Stock Pot and chopped dates.
- Return the browned beef to the pot.
- Stir well and bring to the boil then reduce the heat and allow to simmer covered for 90 minutes stirring occasionally or until the beef is tender.
- When ready serve with cous cous mixed with fresh chopped coriander and toasted flaked almonds.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook