Mediterranean Stuffed Roast Chicken
These Italian inspired flavours will make a fantastic main course for an alfresco Christmas lunch! And best of all it is quick to make so that means no slaving in the kitchen for hours!
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time15 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 1 Whole chicken (approx. 1.5kg), cleaned and trimmed of excess fat
- 5 Pork sausages, push the meat out of the sausage casing
- 60 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- 40 g Sundried tomatoes in oil, drained and roughly chopped
- 1 sachet KNORR Three Cheese Sauce
- 45 ml Basil Pesto
- 20 ml Olive oil
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- In a bowl combine the sausage meat with the grated mozzarella, sundried tomatoes, half of the contents of the sachet of KNORR Three Cheese sauce (18g) and 30 ml basil pesto and mix it altogether.
- Next, run your fingers between the skin and flesh of the chicken, starting with the breasts and ending up with the legs. Be gentle as you separate the skin from the flesh to avoid ripping the skin.
- Spread the stuffing generously underneath the skin of the entire chicken.
- Place the chicken into a shallow roasting tray.
- Mix the remainder of the KNORR Three Cheese Sauce, Basil Pesto with the olive oil to make a paste and rub this over the chicken.
- Pour a little water into the base of the roasting tray.
- Season with black pepper and roast in a preheated oven at 180°C for 60 minutes or until the juices from the chicken run clear.
- Serve with roast Mediterranean vegetables
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook