Meatball Mozzarella Pasta Bake
If your children enjoy meatballs they will be sure to love this interesting take on them – a baked pasta dish with meatballs in a tomato sauce!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time45 minutes
- 450 g Extra lean beef mince
- 1 Onion, grated
- 1 sachet KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- 30 ml Sunflower oil
- 1 Red pepper, sliced
- 2 Tins chopped tomatoes
- 15 ml Robertsons Italian Herbs
- 350 g Penne pasta
- 100 g Mozzarella cheese, grated
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil then add the penne pasta and cook to al dente, drain and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- In a bowl mix the beef mince with the grated onion and half of the contents of the sachet of KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Shape the mixture into meatballs.
- Heat oil in a large pan and fry the meatballs until well browned then remove and set aside.
- Fry the red pepper until tender then add the tinned tomatoes, Robertsons Italian Herbs and stir in the remaining contents of the sachet of KNORR Savoury Mince Dry Cook-in-Sauce.
- Return the meatballs to the pan and allow to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and toss with the cooked penne pasta.
- Transfer to an ovenproof casserole dish and top mozzarella then place in the oven and bake until golden brown.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook