Akni is a spicy one-pot Indian rice wonder made with meat - either lamb, chicken or mutton with flavours resembling that of a breyani.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time35 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 15 ml sunflower oil
- 2 Onions, finely chopped
- 500 g Cubed lamb pieces
- 5 ml Crushed ginger
- 5 ml Robertsons Cumin
- 1 box KNORR Rice Mate Mild Breyani
- 3 Potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 lt water
- 1 Green chilli, deseeded and chopped
- 30 ml Plain yoghurt
- 30 ml Chopped, fresh coriander
- Heat oil in a large pot and fry the onions until soft and golden.
- Add the lamb, chilli, crushed ginger, cumin and sachet of seasoning mix found inside the box of KNORR Rice Mate Mild Breyani.
- Cover the pot and cook over a medium heat stirring occasionally until the meat is well browned.
- Add the sachet of uncooked rice (found inside the box), potatoes and water and stir well.
- Bring to boil stirring occasionally then reduce the heat and allow to simmer covered on a low heat stirring frequently for 25 minutes until the rice is cooked.
- Stir in the yoghurt and chopped coriander.
- Remember the rice will continue to soften on standing.
- Tip – the lamb can be replaced with chicken if preferred!
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook