Hearty Lamb and Butternut Soup
The aromatic combination of coriander and cumin with the lamb mince makes this a soup that fills your stomach and your soul!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time30 minutes
- Cooking time70 minutes
- 30 ml Margarine
- 2 Cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 kg butternut, peeled and cubed
- 1 KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot
- 5 ml Robertsons Coriander
- 200 g Extra lean lamb mince
- 100 ml Cold water
- 1 Onion, roughly chopped
- 5 ml Robertsons Cinnamon
- 1.75 l Cold water
- 5 ml oil
- 5 ml Robertsons Ground Cumin
- 1 sachet KNORR Spaghetti Bologanise Dry Cook-in-Sauce
- Melt margarine in a large pot and fry the onion, garlic and Robertsons Cinnamon for 5 minutes.
- Add the butternut, water and KNORR Vegetable Stock Pot and bring to the boil.
- Allow to boil for 30 minutes or until the butternut is soft.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the Robertsons Coriander and Cumin for 2 minutes.
- Add the lamb mince and brown well.
- In a small bowl mix the sachet of KNORR Spaghetti Bolognaise Dry Cook-in-Sauce with the cold water to make a smooth paste.
- Add the paste to the lamb mince and stir well and allow to cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove pot from the heat and using a stick blender blend the butternut until smooth.
- Add the mince and return to the heat and allow to simmer for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with crusty bread.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook