Greek Lemon Chicken Cooked in a Bag
You don't have to be in Greece to eat like a Greek - this rich chicken and lemon flavoured casserole is sure to please all palates!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time5 minutes
- Cooking time60 minutes
- 6 Chicken thighs
- 1 KNORR Cook-in-Bag Lemon and Italian Herbs
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 45 ml Cake flour
- 250 ml Cream
- 50 g Fresh breadcrumbs
- 25 g Grated Parmesan cheese
- 5 ml Robertsons Parsley
- No need to preheat oven.
- Place chicken thighs into the roasting bag with the onion, crushed garlic, cake flour, cream and season with dry KNORR mixture. Close bag at end with blue tie supplied.
- Very gently massage KNORR mixture into the chicken on a stable surface. Ensure dry mixture is spread evenly.
- Place bag sideways in a cool oven dish, ensuring pieces are evenly spaced.
- Bake at 180⁰C for 50 minutes on the lowest shelf in the oven. Ensure that the grill is off at all times. Keep enough room for the bag to expand (bag must not touch the sides of the oven).
- Cut the bag open and transfer to an oven proof casserole dish with any sauce that is in the bag.
- In a bowl mix together the breadcrumbs, grated Parmesan and Robertsons Parsley.
- Sprinkle the breadcrumb mix over the chicken and return to the oven to bake for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve with Orzo pasta and spinach.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook