Gourmet Prawn Bunny Chows
The bunny is a traditional Durban fast food meal - this recipe gives it a gourmet twist by using prawns!
- Recipe serves4 - 6
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 15 ml oil
- 1 Onion, finely chopped
- 2 Cloves crushed garlic
- 4 Tomatoes, grated
- 1 sachet KNORR Mild Durban Curry Dry Cook-In-Sauce
- 1 Tin chickpeas, drained
- 175 g Plain yoghurt
- 200 ml Water
- 400 g Large peeled prawns
- ⅓ Bunch fresh coriander, chopped
- 20 g Desiccated coconut
- 2 Foot-long bread rolls, cut in half and hollowed out
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Place desiccated coconut on an oven tray and lightly toast in a preheated oven for 5 minutes until golden brown then set aside.
- Heat oil in a large pan and gently sauté the onions and garlic until soft.
- Stir in the grated tomatoes and allow to cook for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the sachet of KNORR Mild Durban Curry Cook-in-Sauce and allow to cook for 2 minutes stirring continuously.
- Add the chickpeas, plain yoghurt and water and allow to simmer for 5 minutes so that the sauce can thicken.
- Add the peeled prawns, stir well and allow to cook on a low heat for a further 8 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir through the fresh coriander.
- Spoon prawn filling into the hollowed out bread rolls and garnish with toasted coconut and sprigs of fresh coriander.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook