Garlic and herb Parmesan loaf
There really is something so satisfying about producing your own loaf of bread; it always is well worth the wait!
- Recipe serves1-4
- Preparation time105 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 10 g sachet Instant yeast
- 250 ml Warm water (blood temperature)
- 15 ml White sugar
- 5 ml Salt
- 2 ½ - 3 cup Cake flour
- 1 sachet KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- In a large bowl dissolve the yeast in the warm water then add the sugar, salt and 1 cup of cake flour and mix until smooth.
- Stir in the remaining cake flour and the contents of the sachet of KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake until a smooth dough is formed, adding in more or less cake flour as needed.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface and knead until smooth and elastic like – this should take about 8 minutes.
- Place the dough into a greased bowl, cover and then allow it to rise in a warm place until doubled in size – this should take about 45 minutes.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured surface, punch down and then roll out into a rectangle.
- Sprinkle with as much grated Parmesan cheese as you desire to within 1.5 cm of the edges of the dough, the more you add the richer the end result.
- Roll up the dough as you would a Swiss roll, pinching the seams and ends together to seal.
- Spray a baking sheet with cooking spray and place the loaf side down onto the baking sheet.
- Using a sharp knife make a few slashes across the top of each loaf then cover and allow to rise until doubled in size – this should take about 30 minutes.
- Bake in a pre-heated oven at 190°C for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown and hollow sounding when the underside is tapped.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before slicing.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook