Garlic and Herb Hake Fillets with Lentils and Rice
South Africa's favourite fish prepared in a way that will have the whole family asking for more!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time25 minutes
- Cooking time30 minutes
- 4 Large hake fillets, free from skin and bones
- 150 ml Cake flour
- 1 sachet KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- Oil, for frying
- 250 g Button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 Clove crushed garlic
- 50 g Chives, finely chopped
- 2 cups Rice, boiled and drained
- 1 Tin lentils, drained
- 15 ml Basil pesto
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or pot.
- In a bowl mix together the cake flour and the contents of the sachet of KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake.
- Dip the hake into the egg first and then into the flour mixture and repeat.
- Lightly fry the hake until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Remove hake from oil and allow to drain on paper towel.
- To prepare the rice sauté the mushrooms, garlic and chives in a pan until cooked then stir this together with the lentils and basil pesto into the cooked rice.
- Serve the hake with the rice, lemon wedges and a side salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook