Garlic and Herb Calamari with Savoury Rice
Be sure to make plenty because this calamari may not even make it to the table!
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time5 minutes
- 50 g Fresh chives, finely chopped
- 250 g Button mushrooms, sliced
- Oil, for frying
- 2 Eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 sachet KNORR Garlic and Herb Potato Bake
- 90 ml Cake flour
- 400 g Package frozen calamari rings
- 2 Cup Rice, boiled and drained
- 1 Tin lentils, drained
- Heat oil in a deep frying pan or pot.
- In a bowl mix together the cake flour and KNORR Garlic & Herb Potato Bake.
- Dip calamari rings into the egg first and then into the flour mixture.
- Lightly fry the calamari until the crust is a light golden brown.
- Remove calamari from oil and allow to drain on paper towel.
- To prepare the rice sauté the mushrooms and chives in a pan until cooked then stir this together with the lentils into the cooked rice.
- Serve the calamari rings with the rice and a side salad.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook