Bacon, Cheddar and Mustard Chowder
The full, rich flavour and silky texture of this chowder makes it pure winter indulgence.
- Recipe serves4
- Preparation time20 minutes
- Cooking time25 minutes
- 2 Potatoes, peeled and diced
- 2 Carrots, peeled and diced
- 1 stick Celery, diced
- 3 cups Water
- 1 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 250 gram Diced Bacon
- 500 millilitre Milk
- 25 millilitre Dijon mustard
- 15 millilitre Corn flour
- 200 gram Cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Pinch Robertsons Atlantic sea salt and Robertson’s Black pepper
- Place diced potatoes, carrots, celery, water and KNORR Chicken Stock Pot into a small pot.
- Bring to the boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for about 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- In a separate pan fry the diced bacon until crispy.
- In a separate pot bring the milk to the boil then whisk in Dijon mustard and corn flour.
- Then on a low heat, whisk in the grated cheddar cheese until it has all melted, followed by the crispy diced bacon and then the cooked vegetables together with the cooking water.
- Season to taste with Robertsons Atlantic Sea Salt and Robertsons Black Pepper
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook