Festive Fondant Potatoes
This restaurant style method of cooking potatoes gives a really rich and buttery potato that is cooked in stock. For home purposes we have simplified the method for you as there is no need to achieve the perfect barrel shape potato that is typical of a fondant potato.
- Recipe serves4-6
- Preparation time10 minutes
- Cooking time35 minutes
- 8 Potatoes, peeled
- 2 KNORR Chicken Stock Pot
- 800 ml Boiling water
- 20 g Butter
- 5 ml Robertsons Thyme
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut a flat bottom along the longest side of the potatoes and arrange the potatoes in an oven proof dish.
- Dissolve the KNORR Chicken Stock Pots in boiling water then pour the stock over the potatoes.
- Place a small knob of butter on top of each potato and sprinkle with thyme.
- Cover with tin foil then bake in the oven for 25 minutes.
- Remove the foil, spoon some of the juices over the potatoes and return to the oven uncovered for a further ten minutes or until the potatoes are tender and golden brown on top.
- Best served with roast beef or chicken and use any remaining juices in the dish as a gravy.
Add to Cookbook
Remove from Cookbook